Marines we are now down to the wire!
The following is time-sensitive information so please read and comply.
1) We have folks coming in at different times so it is imperative that we know the following: Who will already be on base FRIDAY (28 August 2015) morning at 08:00? We have a special event planned at this time and WE NEED A FIRM HEADCOUNT. IF you will be ON BASE and available at this time, be sure to me me know. Click here to send me the message.
2) I have 4 tickets left. I bought these for last minute folks. IF you have not yet done so, go to the PayPal link below and buy your ticket.
3) If you are not going to make it you can still get your Unit Coin and a Warhorse shirt mailed directly to your home. To do this all you need to do is buy a ticket and let me know in the comments (when in PayPal) your shirt size and any special handling instructions. I will box these up and ship them personally.
4) Golf. I need a headcount for the golf game. We will have active duty Marines from 465 paired up with us for this event so let me know if you'll be playing so we can finalize the list.
5) Check the RSVP list below. IF your name is not on the list and you have already bought a ticket, let me know ASAP. I need to make sure you are on the list so that you can get on base.
If you have any questions, let me know and I will get you answers right away.
IF you need a room, call them now. This is what you need to do:
1) Call the Miramar Inn at (858) 271-7111
2) Tell them that you are booking one of the reserved rooms under "Villanueva, Daniel" for the following dates: August 27, 28, 29 & 30, 2015
3) Again, the LAST NAME for the reserved rooms is under "Villanueva", first name "Daniel". They will need that name to book your room, a Credit Card, your Rank (give them your last rank), and your Unit (HMH-465) to reserve your room.
4) Once you have booked your room, be sure to let me know ASAP. I need to keep a count.
This year’s reunion is going to be a complete Marine Corps Squadron immersion. Warhorse style! You DO NOT want to miss it. Hands-on the 53s, hanger visit, etc… etc… If this doesn’t get you back to feeling what it was like way back when, in them squadron days, nothing will. The itinerary is looking fantastic. It will be posed soon.
All rooms are first come first serve. Dates are: August 27, 28, 29 & 30, 2015
Location: San Diego, CA - Miramar Inn (This will be our central hub)
IF you encounter any problems, please let me know right away so that I can address any issues.
In the words of my favorite CO, "Giddy-up!"
Ooorah! Semper Fi!
Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 465 (HMH-465), the "Warhorse", was established on 1 December 1981 as the first West Coast squadron to fly the CH-53E Super Stallion. It became the Marine Corps' second and Marine Aircraft Group 16's first CH-53E Squadron. Based at MCAS (H) Tustin, CA
During the last thirty-three years the squadron has accrued a wide assortment of experience and accomplishments. All the capabilities of the CH-53E have been put to the test in both peace-time and during combat operations. The men and women of the squadron have performed gallantly throughout.
The "Warhorses" flew in combat for the first time during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. On 15 September, 1990 the squadron arrived in Saudi Arabia in support of all joint forces in theater. The Warhorses have been supporting a multitude of missions since.
RSVP using this form "OR" If you just have a question, comment or concern, please use this form as well.
Bruce Banigan * Timm Bishop * Gabriel Camargo * Michael Chernik * Jeff Davis(2) * Richard Ellifritt(2) * Joel Estrin * Brian Fisher * Tim Fitzgerald * Ronnie Gallegos * Matthew Geans(2) * Ricardo Gonzalez(2) * Gerry Hall * Tim Hausman(2) * Michael Hunter * Ronnie S Johnson * James Kennedy * Robert Kinahan * Joe Kohl * Morgan Langley * Brent Meyer(2) * Jason Mitchell(2) * John Molina * Jerry Moots * Randolph Otillio(4) * Jesse Patterson(2) * John Quinn * John Reynolds * Jon Salhus * Rick Soland * Collen Stauffer * Don Stauffer * Don "Weezel" Swanzy * Gene Thill * Joel Vigue(2) * Daniel Villanueva * Edward Ward * James Warner(2) * James Williams(2) * Pat Woods